The Glen for Women will be a new, 20-bed purpose-built Residential Rehabilitation Facility located at Wyong Creek on the NSW Central Coast. It is due to open in early 2022.
The Glen for Women is modelled on the successful program at The Glen for Men located at Chittaway and more information can be found on xwww.theglencentre.org.au.
The role of the Chief Operating Officer is to work under the supervision of the board and alongside the Clinical Director to manage and oversee a residential rehabilitation program for (up to) 20 Women who are affected by Drug and Alcohol issues. The residents will often have past trauma and underlying issues that have contributed to the problematic drug and alcohol issues and it is expected that the majority of these Women will have a diagnosed Mental Health condition.
The role of the Chief Operating Officer is to represent The Glen for Women and work closely with the board of The Glen to be responsible for the Management and Operation of The Glen for Women.
The COO will work closely with the Clinical Director and support, supervise and train the staff members at The Glen for Women.
The COO will initially work across both The Glen for Men and The Glen for Women and be responsible for the following (either solely or as part of a team):
- Achieve / Maintain Organisational Accreditation across The Glen and The Glen for Women (renewal is due April 2022 with The Glen for Women added to the scope of accreditation)
- Drive the Program Design and Delivery at The Glen for Women (opening February 2022)
- Engaging Stakeholders and Service Delivery experts who can benefit residents of The Glen for Women with particular thought given to other Allied Health professionals who can help residents at The Glen for Women
- Write reports, including but not limited to:
- funding applications & proposals
- Government funding acquittals
- Complete reporting requirements (of funding bodies) and other agencies.
- Board & finance committee reports
- Help the Executive Director plan and attend Board Meetings
- Report to finance committee
- Drive the recruitment, training and support for Staff and Volunteers at The Glen for Women.
- Plan and conduct staff appraisals, and other HR matters.
- Develop rosters for staff and volunteers at The Glen for Women.
- Design and implement a routine for the residents of The Glen for Women
- Monitor rosters and execute payroll weekly
- Coordinate Operational Committees with staff and volunteers at The Glen for Women
- Plan and conduct staff meetings
- Represent The Glen for Women at public meetings and in the media
- Organise events
- Develop, produce and monitor budgets and apply for funding opportunities for The Glen for Women.
- Manage funding relationships for The Glen for Women
- Monitoring budget vs actual spend (monthly)
- Monitor cash flow and liquidity position
- Manage all banking & tax obligations
- Manage year-end financial statement and audit process
- Developing and Managing The Glen for Women’ income making subsidiaries
- Monitor infrastructure committee + asset maintenance calendar
- Monitoring IT infrastructure
- Monitor risk and safety at The Glen for Women site
- Risk Management
- Maintain & Monitor risk management plan
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- The Role of Chief Operating Officer is a full time, salaried role and could include hours outside the normal hours of 7am-3pm Monday – Friday. The role requires many skills and the ability to work on many tasks at any one time including: