- Work within the wider Weave team providing quality youth and family services in the communities of South East Sydney
- A newly created role
- Work with a dynamic and well-respected NGO with 45 years experience working with the community
- Salary packaging options available
At Weave we believe when people are supported, they are empowered to change their own lives. Since 1976, we have been providing a range of services and support to children, young people, families and communities who face complex issues and difficult circumstances. Our work is about genuine, culturally safe, client centered support that celebrates people’s strengths and capacity and harnesses these to achieve improved life outcomes. Community development and community capacity
building is a cornerstone of our work.
The team at Weave are dedicated, experienced and are recognised for their engaging work and pioneering therapeutic approaches. For more information about Weave please visit our website.
About The Role:
Weave Kool Kids is an early intervention and prevention program for children and young people aged 7–18 years. Kool Kids supports the development of well-being, resilience and confidence in children and young people through fun and therapeutic, skills-based activities and youth leadership programs. The program fosters protective factors by building on children and young people’s strengths and social skills along with building their confidence and connections with community, culture and family.
The program actively engages children and young people who are facing multiple challenges in their lives and vulnerable children and young people who have experienced complex trauma. Kool Kids is an integral part of the communities within which we work and 90% of the children and young people engaged in Kool Kids programs and activities are Aboriginal. The program maintains a strong working relationship with families, key community groups, schools, community leaders and Elders.
The Kool Kids Caseworker will:
- Provide holistic wrap around casework and therapeutic case management support, practical assistance, advocacy, information and referral to relevant participants of the Kool Kids Program and their families.
- Ensure the casework support provided is in line with Weave’s “How We Do What We Do” practice framework, Weave’s values and Aboriginal Healing Framework.
- Work from a proactive, responsive, trauma informed, strengths based, healing centred and culturally safe perspective.
- Engage in outreach service provision where required, including accompanying clients to appointments or meetings.