- Are you an experienced leader and team player, committed to social justice and equity?
- Do you want to support community-led solutions to entrenched social issues
- Work with a dynamic, well-respected NGO with over 45 years experience providing place-based support alongside communities
- Lead an innovative team of dedicated Program Managers and contribute to long-lasting change for clients and the community
- Join a diverse and passionate team in a flexible and supportive organisation
Located across Weave’s sites in Waterloo, Woolloomooloo and Malabar, the Programs Lead function will be shared by two exceptional people. The split of accountabilities across the function will depend on the skills, qualifications, experience and expertise of the candidates.
One of the positions will be 5 days per week or a nine day fortnight; the other position will be 4 days per week. Allocation of working days will depend on the needs of the organisation and the availability and needs of the successful applicants.
About Weave Youth & Community Services
Weave is a place based non-government organisation that supports children, young people, women, families and communities who have been impacted by systemic disadvantage and intergenerational trauma. With a 45 year track record, Weave has strong connections, experience and trust across the communities it services and the systems in which it operates, including government, families, local community and local NGOs.
Weave delivers services and programs that range in purpose and intensity from student tutoring and mentoring to domestic violence casework and counselling support, a driver licensing program, post-release support for people leaving custody, community based support for young people with coexisting AOD and mental health issues, parenting support, creative events, and leadership and advocacy programs.Weave has a deep commitment to cultural safety and to providing culturally responsive support for Aboriginal people, who represent around 70% of Weave’s client base.
Our work centres authentic relationships and client-led support that celebrates people’s strengths, self-determined success, and improved life outcomes. For more information about Weave please visit our website: www.weave.org.au.
About The Role
We are excited to go to market with this opportunity to join the Weave leadership team.
**The full range of accountabilities of the Programs Lead function will be shared by a Programs Lead team of two. Accountabilities will be divided depending on the skills, qualifications and experience of the successful candidates.
As a key part of the Weave Leadership Team, the Programs Leads will:
- Provide day-to-day management, supervision, professional guidance, support and development to Weave Program Managers.
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to support high quality service delivery to vulnerable people.
- Lead and nurture a harmonious, supportive and progressive culture where the vision, mission and values of Weave are always upheld.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement to ensure that Weave provides high quality services, improves systems and processes and maintains service accreditation.
- Grow Weave’s capacity to provide quality, responsive services through assisting with funding applications, reports, evaluation, staff training and development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures, systems and services.
- Provide program development support and guidance, and assist in designing, establishing, and rolling out innovative and effective community led new programs and services to meet community needs.
SCHCADS Award Level 8 Paypoint 1-3 depending on qualifications and experience. Weave pays 8.6% above the SCHCADS Award hourly rate. Salary + super + leave loading + generous salary packaging.