Are you a Registered Nurse experienced in the Alcohol and other Drug/Mental Health or Community Health field and looking to expand your career?
Are you interested in being part of the WHOS Hunter team providing holistic care for individuals in a residential AOD Therapeutic Community program!
Are you after work, life balance with no shift work and Monday to Friday day work only?
WHOS® (We Help Ourselves) programs and services are based in NSW and QLD and cater for individuals who are experiencing difficulties with Alcohol and other Drug dependence.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and motivated Registered Nurse to join WHOS multidisciplinary team at our WHOS Hunter Residential Service in Cessnock.
This position will liaise with community agencies including local GP’s, mental health services and withdrawal management services to coordinate care for WHOS clients ensuring a holistic approach from admission to discharge.
1) Registered Nurse current AHPRA
2) Current drivers’ licence
3) Up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and able to provide acceptable proof of vaccination
Experience/ skills required:
• Experience working with client’s mental health and/or substance use issues
• Experience in nursing assessment and referral procedures
• Demonstrated capacity to develop cooperative relationships with local General Practitioners and
other health agencies
• Demonstrated capacity to work with minimal supervision
• Computer literacy, word processing and data management skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills, includes the capacity to effectively
communicate with health care professionals
• Experience in substance withdrawal management
• Experience in AOD or mental health residential treatment settings
• Experience negotiating and developing referral pathways with external programs forthe benefit
of complex needs clients with AOD dependence.
• Good knowledge of resources and networks in the local community including mental health
• Training in Mental health
How to apply?
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Remuneration negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Please note, to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to provide a current National Police Clearance.
Forward your application addressing the above criteria and resume via email to Jamie Young - Enquiries: 0457 111 344.
NADA proudly acknowledges the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the custodians of the land on which our office stands. We extend this acknowledgement to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across Australia and pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
NADA has award level accreditation under the Australian Services Excellence Standards (ASES) a quality framework certified by Quality Innovation and Performance (QIP).