- Location: Canterbury, with hybrid option
- Part-time: (30 hours per week), initially 38 hours per week during the onboarding period
- Contract to June 2026, with possibility of extension
- Classified under the SCHADS Award Level 8 Paypoint 3
- $59.85 gross per hour + super + generous salary packaging
- Immediate start available
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for maintaining and further developing CRC’s financial record keeping and reporting systems, and for assisting with the maintenance of administrative systems. You will contribute to meeting statutory reporting and funding submission requirements, including assisting with submissions and returns to CRC’s funding bodies, and to statutory agencies. You will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of CRC, participating co-operatively within the CRC team.
Your role includes:
- Payroll: You will process fortnightly payroll in MYOB and prepare monthly payroll reconciliation. You will prepare and lodge monthly superannuation contribution return. You will prepare and lodge monthly IAS and quarterly BAS.
- Accounts Receivable: You will enter funding invoices and disseminate to the funding bodies, follow up on outstanding invoices, and issue receipts for donations.
- Accounts Payable: You will process accounts payable, process Petty Cash reconciliations, ensure all EFT payments and cheques are approved, and ensure all credit notes/refunds are entered into QuickBooks.
- Bank Administration: You will maintain control over the cheque book, monitor the transactions on all operating bank accounts, prepare monthly credit card reconciliation, and manage CRC investments.
- Asset Register: You will ensure all fixed assets are recorded, depreciated, and disposed of as per ATO guidelines.
- Budgeting: You will prepare, monitor, and revise annual and projects budgets in consultation with the CEO and relevant managers. You will prepare monthly financial reports for the CEO and managers, and bi-monthly financial reports for the Board.
- Funding Bodies: You will prepare budgets for funding applications and prepare and submit financial reports/acquittals as per the terms of the funding agreements.
- Compliance: You will liaise with and assist external auditors in respect of annual financial statements and related matters. You will assist in the facilitation of CRC external audits and ensure there are no major financial concerns/issues raised. You will disseminate the audited financial report to the relevant stakeholders, including funding bodies. You will provide inputs in preparation of the Annual Report.
Why work for us?
- Support programs that aim to break entrenched cycles of disadvantage, homelessness and imprisonment
- Be part of a community-based agency that has been delivering effective services in our field for over 70 years
- Be part of a flexible and supportive workplace including benefits such as Wellbeing Leave
- Join a dedicated, collaborative team with a culture of flexibility, trust, integrity and respect
- Access Cultural Supervision for First Nations staff.